Sunday, September 13, 2009

Been there, done that@ IIM Ahmedabad

I am what you dream to be
- IIT Delhi

Whats the first thing which comes to your mind when you read the above on someone’s T-shirt. Yes! The person is from IIT, Delhi. Then whats the next thought which comes to your mind – you are not from IIT, Delhi.
The tag line literally spits on you. I wonder what went on inside the minds of the people, who thought of it. May be they were not serious about it but nevertheless, it does show how an Institute’s lingo tag line tries to put down the rest of the world.

Read this

Been there, done that @ IIM Ahmedabad.

Now, what do you have to say about this.

I understand that there is a pride attached to being in an institution but it should not be snobbish enough to put the other person down.

I don’t know what the world thinks but I don’t find it good humour.

I would much rather go with the T-shirt of JNU which has a ‘collage of words’ - of places in campus, which everyone remembers – Partha Sarthy rock, Pink Palace, Ganga Dhaba and many others. It also includes 615 – the favourite bus route of all JNUiites.

I don’t think the T-shirts invokes anybody in the street. Any other University guy would also feel warm as there are similar rememberable places in each university.

No comments:

Post a Comment